Monday, July 17, 2017

One dink

potomac walleye
Karen's walleye.  Is it real?
Karen and I went to the Antietam Creek area of the Upper Potomac on Saturday.  Instead of the secret spot (AKA, The Plateau), I decided to try another spot that has a natural dam of rocks and rock formations that span almost the entire river.

The last time I fished this area was almost an entire year ago, and that day was pretty successful.

Not on Saturday.  I only landed one dink smallmouth on a Z-Man Finesse TRD worm.  Other than a 12-inch smallmouth that launched out of the water and shook a Heddon Zara Puppy, I had no other action at all the rest of the morning.  No bites or nibbles other than those two fish.

The river was down to normal running level and fairly clear, especially above Antietam Creek.  It looked right and really "fishy" but only two hits in four hours.

Karen claimed she caught a 17.5-inch walleye and two smallmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment